Wednesday, 8 October 2008





In between clearing up after the hurricane and taking trips, I have been busy looking at houses. I lost the one I really wanted, I had to give up bidding on it because I had to go to Virginia, but I kept checking the internet while I was away, and looked at a number when I came back. I was about to put in a bid on one when I found out it had termites, there was one on the lake that I liked but everytime there was a storm it took water, then I found a great big one but it had too much work. then I found this one, I put in a bid and it was accepted, so if all goes well we will go to closing at the end of the month.

8 comments:

Mark said...

Wow, that's beautiful. Are you planning to live there or rent it out?

Good luck on closing.

freda said...

If all goes well and the sale goes through, I will start moving on the first. With the financial situation in this country and the world at the moment, I decided to pull my money out of savings accounts and put it into reale state which is a good buy right now, and it will appreciate over time. It wasn't making any money for me, interest rates have dropped so low, and this way I can enjoy it right now and also it will appreciate for my children. You will have to come back and visit.

Janice said...

Nice, where abouts is it?

freda said...

Chateau Estates. Come visit.

Janice said...

Ha. My mom made the drapes when the Chateau Estates country club first opened and, as part of her fee, received a family membership. They didn't really know what to think of the Theriot kids hanging around the pool. We were there when the radio announced that Nixon resigned and we all cheered wildly. My mom hurried over and told us that maybe cheering for the resignation of a president in the middle of country club wasn't exactly a good idea. At one of their children's programs, a bingo game with toys as prizes, a Saints player host asked if anyone wanted to come up and speak. Something was going on and he was supposed to stall. Much to his surprise my seven year old brother took him up on this and told his favorite joke: a mom asked her daughter what did you do to get all those nickles. Daughter: those boys gave me a nickle every time I climbed the tree and picked them an apple. Mom: honey, those boys were playing a trick on you, they wanted you to climb the tree just so they can look up your dress and see your underwear. Daughter: I played a trick on them, Mom. I didn't wear any underwear. It's a wonder they let us stay.

freda said...

Great memory, thanks Janice. We were still in Italy when Nixon resigned, that is really going back. So Chateau was built in the 1970's? Is your brother still cracking people up?

Mark said...

Cracking people up? But seriously folks....

Great joke and story, Janice. Awesome-looking house, Freda, and I think that sounds like a smart financial decision.

You can count me in for a visit.

freda said...

Don't you say cracking people up here? Is that British? The house is nice but turns out the pool is a disaster so it may not happen, but don't let that detere you, come visit anyway.