Friday, 26 September 2008


Here is a picture of the limbs I had to drag out of the back yard, they are huge and it took me all day to get them to the curb. There are still smaller ones all over the yard, but I have other things to do. When I got back neither of my TVs worked, and my car broke down on the fourth floor of the parking lot at the hospital where I had to go for a doctor visit. That blew an entire afternoon, because none of the trucks could fit in the garage to haul me out. I finally got out and went straight over to Sears and got a new battery. I am busy looking at houses, still kicking myself for not buying the one I found before I left. So far nothing I have looked at comes close. I put in a request to the post office before I left to hold my mail, as I always do. This time they didn't hold it, and one of my friends drove past one day and saw mail flowing out of my mail box, so she picked it up and gave it to me when I got home. there was still a lot of mail missing, so I went to the post office to see if they had it. Nothing. They had not held anything. Then yesterday my neighbor over the street came over, she had also saved a bag full of mail for me. After six weeks with no tennis I got terribly out of shape, so I played tennis every morning since I got back and today I am hurting, ouch. I play again tonight, then I will rest for a few days. OK, now I have to clean up the mess after Gustav inside the house.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Freda, Sandy here. Loved your pics from Barbados. I also have been spending all my time chopping up the last tree in my yard that Gustave blew down. I now have no trees on my property- I had 5 before Katrina. I blew out my knee again moving furniture down the steps so I am unable to play tennis for the near future but I would love to start up again. ( I know you've heard that before.) Hope everything going well with you. ..Sandy

freda said...

Hey Sandy, good to hear from you. Sorry about your knee, let me know when you are ready and we will play. I looked at houses again today and will put in an offer on one. Now I am off to play tennis again.