Jon Stewart nailed it again, doesn't he always? He said Slumdog Millionaire is the most depressing feel good movie ever. So true, and they do such a good job of plunging you from one extreme to the other before you can catch your breath. Pure genius.
Well, finally the cold weather is gone, I hope for good this time. My azaleas look fabulous and the magnolia is so pretty, wish I could get my camera to work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Freda, we still haven't seen Slumdog, although I really want to go sometime before the Oscars next weekend. It's the only big contender I haven't seen this year other than Frost/Nixon, which Michelle and I saw on Broadway with the original cast. It was great as a play and I'm sure it would translate well to film, but I don't like Ron Howard as a director and think I prefer to keep the Broadway memory intact.
If we see Slumdog this week I'll let you know what we think.
I really liked Frost/Nixon, of course I didn't see it on Broadway, but I recommmend it anyway.
Post a Comment