Tuesday, 6 September 2011

don't want to push my luck too far


First let me say I'm OK.

I bought this new ladder to better fix the wall hanging. I did the first side from upstairs, but for the other side I had to climb up the ladder. I went out and bought it specifically because I didn't like my neighbors ladder which was kind of wobbly. So, I set up my ladder, in the highest position, and started up. I had not gone far when the ladder disintegrated, I fell down and the top triangle part of the ladder fell and hit me on the head, twice. Fortunately I had had the foresight to put my cell phone in my pocket first, so as I lay there, on my back with my head stuck up against the bookcase and my legs entwined in the ladder, I took out my phone and called my neighbor, they weren't home. So then I called Elisabeth. She said she would come right over. I was going to wait till she got there before trying to get up, but my head hurt too much, so I got up and went to the kitchen and filled a towel with ice, put it on my head and laid down on the couch. Then I called my doctor's office. Of course, it was Labor day, they were closed but I talked to a nurse, she said if the pain got bad, go to the emergency room in Kenner. Elizabeth drove me over, and the doctor took an x ray of my head. He said I must have hit the floor too, because I had three knots on my head, but he thought they would be OK. He said, have you hit your head before? because the x ray shows old damage, calcification. I thought back over the past umpty ump years, trying to remember what I might have done to my head. Who knows, with all the falling off bikes, getting hit by an ice cream truck when I was a kid, I couldn't think of anything. Anyway, once again I was lucky, my left wrist hurts a little, my right ankle hurts a little, I may have pulled a groin, but all in all I think I may be able to play tennis tomorrow. I am staying home today, don't want to push my luck too far.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

God. No one around here ever listens to me.